KRONE NA, Inc. 2018 Calendar Competition
Terms and Conditions
- The title for the KRONE NA, Inc. photographic competition is “2018 KRONE NA, Inc. Calendar Contest”. This theme is open to interpretation; however, we are looking for photographs of KRONE machinery that will demonstrate how KRONE machines are ‘King of the Field’.
- Photographs with any tractor brand driving KRONE machines will be accepted, as will any trailer brand in a photograph. Photographs with another manufacturers’ machinery showcased are not eligible. KRONE NA, Inc.’s decision as to eligibility of photographs will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entrants can submit up to 4 photos in total in color or black and white. Images must be a sufficient quality to reproduce with the following specifications: 300dpi or 3543 x 3543 px, keep in mind that the pictures will need to print in high definition at approximately 12” x 12” dimensions. For questions about DPI/Pixel dimensions, please visit https://www.iprintfromhome.com/mso/understandingdpi.pdf (this is not a KRONE hosted or sponsored website).
- Images can only be submitted by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org in the file format JPEG.
- KRONE NA, Inc. is aware that digital photography does allow for some image enhancement. You can enter images that have had spots, scratches or other blemishes removed. You can have worked on the color, cropping or enhanced the image for the sake of the composition. If your photo is chosen, Krone NA, Inc. has your expressed permission to touch-up or enhance images as they see fit.
- The competition is open to North America residents only(including residents of the United States of America, Canada, and Mexico.) Employees of KRONE NA, Inc., as well as their immediate families are not eligible to enter. Entrants under the age of 16 years need to have parent or guardian consent to enter.
- Entrants must not be professional photographers. For the purposes of this competition, a professional photographer will be considered to be someone who makes more than half their annual income from the sale of their visual media.
- The subject line of any email containing entries should be marked KRONE Calendar 2018.
- Entrants must include within the email with each entry, their name, address, contact telephone number (both daytime and evening) and the location the photograph was taken.
- KRONE NA, Inc. will only use your personal details for administering the competition and, if the photo is used in any other publication, naming the photographer. KRONE NA, Inc. will only keep your details for as long as is necessary to fulfil these purposes. KRONE NA, Inc. will not pass your personal information on to a third party without your prior permission.
- The competition closes at midnight on September 17th, 2017. Entries received after this date will not be considered.
- KRONE NA, Inc. cannot accept any responsibility for any problem with email service providers, which may result in an entry being lost or delayed. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt
- All photographs will be judged on the following criteria:
Suitability for inclusion within Krone NA, Inc.’s 2018 calendar
- All Photographs will be judged through the following process
A judging panel comprising of members from KRONE NA, Inc.’s marketing team will select a shortlist of photos based on the above criteria
A second panel of judges will then review all entries on the shortlist and select their 12 favorites to be included in the calendar. Each of the 12 winners will be contacted by a member of the marketing team within a week of judging. The judging will take place within 2 weeks of the competition’s closing date. If after reasonable attempts have been made to contact the winner and the entrant cannot be contacted, KRONE NA, Inc. reserves the right to retain the prize for future competitions or issue it to a runner up.
- Unfortunately, if your photograph is not selected then we will not contact you and we are unable to provide any feedback or justification for our decision.
- All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party. The entrants must be the sole owner of copyright in all photographs entered and must have obtained permission of any people featured in the entries or their parents/guardians if children under 16 are featured. Where an individual or a residential property, belonging to someone other than the photographer is featured, the photographer must seek permission and be prepared to provide written consent, if requested. Further, entrants must not have breached any laws when taking their photographs.
- We are looking for original photographs, so entries must not have won any national competition prize previously. For the purposes of this competition, ‘national’ refers to the whole of North America– or to individual national competitions in United States of America, Canada, or Mexico.
- Entrants will retain copyright in the photographs that they submit to the KRONE NA, Inc. By entering the competition all entrants grant to KRONE NA, Inc. the right to publish and exhibit, royalty free, their photographs on or in any marketing material such as, but not exclusively limited to, social media, websites or brochures. Entrants whose photographs are one of the finalists or selected to appear in the KRONE NA, Inc. calendarpursuant to paragraph 16 above grant to KRONE NA, Inc. (including other publishers authorised by the KRONE NA, Inc.) the further rights to publish and exhibit their photographs in print, on their respective websites or in any other media in perpetuity. No fees will be payable for any of the above uses. Entrants whose photographs are one of the final 12, also agree to take part in post–competition publicity. While we make every effort to credit photographers, including in printed reproductions of their work, we cannot guarantee that every broadcast use of the photographs will include the photographers’ names. Entrants must ensure that the photograph is not used to publicise or promote companies, individuals, organizations or causes – other than KRONE NA, Inc. (including the photographic competition, the calendar and any associated KRONE NA, Inc. promotions) and the winning photographer themselves – until January 1, 2019.
- KRONE NA, Inc. reserves the right to undertake background checks on any of the shortlisted finalists, information discovered or that may have been disclosed by the entrants themselves will inform the decision as to the selection of shortlisted entries and the eventual winners.
- By entering, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these rules and KRONE NA, Inc. reserves the right to exclude any entry from the competition at any time and in its absolute discretion if KRONE NA, Inc. has reason to believe that and entrant has breached the rules.
- KRONE NA, Inc. reserves the right to cancel the competition, or alter any of the rules at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- As stated previously in paragraph 12 if any winner is unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts had been made, KRONE NA, Inc. reserves the right to either offer the prize to a runner up or re-offer the prize in any future competition.
- These rules are governed by the laws of the United States of America. This competition is administered by KRONE NA, Inc.
- Please take your photos responsibly and safely, always follow any advice from the Health and Safety executive regarding taking photos on or near a machine, observe warning notices on machines. Never place yourself in a position of danger when trying to obtain a photo.
- Further safety information on this can be found at: https://www.osha.gov/dsg/topics/agriculturaloperations/
- Be mindful of trespassing and always ask the owners’ permission before taking photos of their equipment.
- KRONE NA, Inc. cannot accept responsibly for any injuries, damage to property, or loss of life while taking an image for the competition. Entrant assumes all responsibility for ANY damages pertaining to contest and cannot hold KRONE NA, Inc. responsible for any accidents, damages, or losses.